Dear Patients and Families,
May 27, 2020
We hope this letter finds you healthy and happy as we all prepare to ease back into our regular routines. The doctors and team are beyond ready to see everyone whom we have missed so much! Many transitions and changes have occurred since we last saw each other before the COVID-19 pandemic began; however,one thing has remained constant: our commitment to you!
We are committed to caring for each patient and are very excited to announce that we will be reopening on Monday, June 1st. To ensure a safe environment for our patients, their families, and the Lee, Young and Ubaldo Orthodontics team, we will be following rigorous protocols and modified scheduling measures. We have attached our new COVID-19 protocols and ask that you review them prior to your appointment.
We also ask for your patience with the scheduling process and our firm adherence to our new procedures. We understand your desire to get your treatment back on track and request that you wait for our office to contact you to reschedule your appointments. We have maintained a comprehensive list of every appointment cancelled and we have already begun rescheduling patients on a first-cancelled-first-rescheduled basis. The doctors and team have reviewed this process thoroughly and believe it is fair, efficient and effective.
There is a wealth of information related to COVID-19 and its impact on our community and our practice. The doctors are very busy preparing and staying as up-to-date as possible with the guidelines and recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We are immensely grateful for each and every one of our patients. We value your trust in our care and look forward to welcoming back our patients and families soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate through our new protocols and process.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call, text or email our offices. We would love to hear from you and we cannot wait to see your smiles in our office again!
Drs. Lee, Young, Ubaldo and team
We wanted to update you on the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team safe and healthy:
- Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your appointments. We are contacting patients on a first-cancelled-first-rescheduled basis and will reach out to you soon.
- There will be a modified schedule to ensure social distancing in our office, which will limit the amount of patients that can be seen in a day and appointment availability.
- Please be flexible with scheduling due to the limited amount of appointments available per day, so that we can get you in as soon as possible and your treatment back on track.
- We request that you arrive on time or even early to accommodate for our new check in process. We will need additional time to properly disinfect our office between patients, adhere to social distancing, and follow our new protocols, so patients that are running late may need to be rescheduled.
NEW IN-OFFICE CHECK IN PROCEDURE AND PROCESS
- When you arrive at our office, please remain in your car.
- Please text the office number to update the front desk of your arrival.
Clement 415-752-9477 or California/Sutter 415-751-1700
- A simple questionnaire assessing your contact, travel and well-being will be texted to you and will be required to complete your virtual check in. Patients that have answered questions indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs or symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to leave. We will reschedule your appointment after the specific self-quarantine requirement.
- Once we are ready for you to enter the office, the front desk will text you to enter our office.
PRIOR TO ENTERING THE OFFICE
- Please bring your mask or face covering when you enter the office. If you do not have your own, we will provide one. Please keep in mind the decreased availability and high demand of person protective equipment for our team members.
- Only patients with scheduled appointments will be permitted to enter the office.
- For our younger patients, only one guardian, parent or caregiver may enter with the patient and remain in the lobby. All other guests must remain in the car.
- Please brush, floss and rinse prior to your appointment, since the tooth-brushing stations and bathrooms will be temporarily closed.
UPON ENTERING THE OFFICE
- Your temperature will be taken by our simple, touchless digital screen thermometer. It is located on your right once you enter the door. Please approach the screen, position yourself with the outline and it will take your temperature. “Green” means normal temperature and you may proceed to the lobby seating. “Red” means please wait for front desk assistance. Any patient with a temperature over 100°F will be asked to leave, self-quarantine, and reschedule.
- After your temperature has been cleared, be prepared to use hand sanitizer to clean your hands.
- Please find a seat in our lobby and maintain the 6 foot social distancing guidelines. Chairs will be arranged to observe distancing. Designated floor stickers and open seating signs will also help guide you to proper seating.
- For select procedures, we may request that you rinse with hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse at one of our tooth-brushing stations.
- Patients will be seated every-other-chair to maintain social distancing when completing their appointment.
- We ask for your understanding while we address all of your treatment needs during your appointment. Please update us if you have broken brackets prior to your appointment, as we may need to reschedule your appointment to allot adequate time to complete your care.
SCHEDULING YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT
- Patients are able to make their appointment in-office; however, if there are concerns about patient capacity or social distancing, we will note your preferences and contact you over the phone.
- Our new check-out process also involves texting your next appointment based on previous preferences, which is easy and efficient.
- Most importantly, please be flexible with scheduling due to the limited appointments and modified schedule.
TEAM HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All doctors and team members will proceed with a daily temperature check immediately upon arrival at work. Any team member with a temperature above 100°F will be asked to leave and self-quarantine.
- Every team member will respond to a daily health and wellness questionnaire prior to entering the office. If any questions answered indicate recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs or symptoms of COVID-19, the team member will be asked to leave and self-quarantine.